Sunday, March 8, 2009

Letting go

I can't control everything. Its a hard pill to swallow sometimes, but I know my stress level will go down, and I'll be happier (or so I think) if I don't have as much on my plate. I've been taking baby steps-R doing laundry-not a big deal-but I hate how he folds! Letting R take the boys for haircuts and buying his deoderant and soap, both which haven't been on sale or have coupons in about 2 months (which means I'll get them next week, plus be on sale). Letting dishes sit while I play with the boys; but it was a nice day at the park yesterday. Even going for a walk w/ E while R tackled a naptime that never happened-even though R fell asleep while the boys ran amuck. Yeah, letting go is hard, but being free to do some other things is nice too.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You and I are cut from the same cloth on this one. I have my own set of control issues and it's sooo hard to let things go. But like you I am finding life a little more enjoyable when I take the time to just relax, to let Mr.Man chip in here and there, and some things just wait until morning. Life is too short YKWIM?