Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What a year

I woke up this morning to my three boys in our bed this morning, and I thought, wow, look how far we've come.


2008 has been quite a year for us. We've had our share of high points (my dad visiting over the summer, watching our children blossom, celebrating 4 years of marriage) and lows (losing R's uncle, financial struggles), but through it all we've stuck it out. This time last year, I wondered how it would be this year, knowing full well it would mean we've survived a whole year with a third child. I remember the anxiety I felt, in part because of our finances (our car troubles, both with R's Blazer and our new minivan), and also because I didn't know how my plan to reenter the workforce would unfold. We've had some doozy of expenses (the countless car repairs, the mold fiasco, the garage door, a few ER visits). It's added up, taking a hit to our savings. All those are nothing compared to the wonders that we've experienced. I am forever thankful and blessed to have our children, our health, our lives together. I love that R's enduring love has supported me through the struggles of postpartum depression, the breakup of my parents marriage, and that I have supported him through losing his uncle, his impending paycut, and supporting his desire to return to school.

I can't wait to see what 2009 brings. This year I'll turn 30. I am looking forward to this milestone birthday, because its the beginning of a new chapter in my life. My twenties have definitely busy: going to college, making a pivitol decision about a romantic relationship that would impact the course of my life, starting my career, meeting R, getting married, having babies, buying a house, attending graduate school, juggling parenthood with a desire to return to work (or have some sembelance of my own sense of self). I look forward to watching my three boys grow-M starting kindergarten, G starting pre-k in the fall, and E becoming a toddler. I don't know if we'll have one more child, but I know that if its meant to be it's meant to be. I won't close the door on it, for I know how much joy and love each child has brought to our family. At the same time, I'll enjoy what we have, for I know time goes by in the blink of an eye. I look forward to R and I celebrating 5 years of marriage, and continuing building our life together as a couple, as parents, as a family. I hope this year brings us financial independance, but at the least, financial wisdom to learn from our mistakes and start anew.

May this year bring our family closer to those we love, and bless those who surround us. Peace and love to all!

No comments: