Thursday, December 11, 2008

December update

Where has December gone? Its been a steady hum of activity, one that won't end w/ Christmas.
Yesterday was our playgroup's holiday party. Its hard to believe that this was the last year w/ the older kids- next year they'll be in kindergarten. The boys decorated cookies and exchanged books. I made a crockpot meal, and relaxed while the boys played. We had a nice time and I'm glad we went.
This week I'm subbing today and tomorrow. I have mystery shops lined up through next week. I've had some interesting assignments, between free lunches and a personalized ornament, I'm having fun. The extra money doesn't hurt.
I spoke w/ R about the ornament. making a comment about how there was no room for another name on this particular ornament. His response- we could always get one for all our names. We'll see how we are next year- we like the boys being close in age & I don't see us waiting years. Starting all over isn't for me. Still I love how he's warming up to adding one more!
Speaking of family, someone I know is pregnant w/ baby #3. For the longest time they thought they were done, but recently changed their mind. I'm so happy for them! I can't wait to see how their family grows. I spoke w the mom about babies, staying at home, and plans to go back to work. It was interesting hearing how someone else plans to juggle motherhood with her own goals. It reinforced to me there's no wrong way to do it. If I want one more child, its okay- I stayed home as planned and am now reentering the workforce. I love doing something for myself and the boys enjoy preschool. E does well, and spends no more time with his careproviders than he would spend w/ extended family if we had R's mom or my SIL or sister here. If we have one more, I'm not sure what I'd do workwise- then again, I love how life is an adventure. Next year starts the cycle of my boys entering school, so the path to reentering the workforce will widen, no matter if another baby enters the picture. I can't wait to see what next year brings, both for me and my family :-)

No comments: