Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day of freebies

I love days like today. Everything fell into place, and it couldn't have turned out better. I was approved to do the Santa picture mystery shop, so R and I took the three boys to see Santa at the mall. The older boys smiled, E looked at the camera, and the moment was captured :-) I wrote up the report, and submitted my receipt for reimbursement. Nothing better than getting paid for something I was already planning to do!

We also went out for a late lunch at a new restaurant, courtesy of another mystery shop assignment. Food was great, the boys behaved as well as could be expected. I was glad someone else paid for the meal, because it would not have been cheap for the five of us to eat. It also made me happy that we've been eating at home all this time. The report was simple, took less than 7 minutes to do, and afte enjoying a meal out with the family, I'd say the work equals the reimbursment.

The boys are making cookies with R, I'm catching up with email and going to read my magazines. We have a potluck this week, and I'm making cookies for families besides the main dish. I want to see if there's any new recipe I want to try, before making my stand by recipes. I'll finish up by using the time to plan ahead for this week's meals.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow you made out! Free lunch, free Santa pic, you go girl!!! You can't beat free!!!