Saturday, May 3, 2008

great day for a salad

Gosh, I love farmers markets-only I wish we got there earlier than later in the day so we could really score on some treats. Hubby and I took the boys to a small one this morning, walked away w/ a bunch of radishes, fresh garlic, and two different heads of lettuce. That, along w/ our finds at Costco, will make us yummy salads this week.

We checked out the car; Hubby said it was a fan that broke/slipped off-the same one that was just fixed a few weeks ago. So, we'll see what happens when the place opens on Monday morning. I'm just hoping that it's not too costly.

I did stop at WalMart on the way home and bought us a cheap salad spinner-considering that we're buying fresh produce now, and I had no good way off drying the salad greens once I rinsed them. I also found a knife that I had wnted at the outlets-this will allow me to chop, mince, and cut the food I want-and not tear it to bits. I'm hoping it'll serve its purpsoe-if not I'll return it, and spend the money on a better knife. Hubby did want Crystal Light-so I bought him the WalMart brand-although I told him I felt it was a better alternative to buy Splenda and just add it to my iced tea, or lemonade, since really, the Crystal Light didn't seem to have any nutritional benefit. Hmmm, maybe I'm becoming healthier, one step at at time, since there was a time I didn't read the labels on products like I do now.

The rest of the day is a stay home day; maybe a trip to the park, letting the boys nap. I have to pay bills for the month this weekend, and work on our menu for the next week. I'm hoping we'll have pleny of meals at home, but time will tell.

No comments: