Thursday, March 27, 2008

midweek review

The hardest part of staying at home has got to be making dinner every night. While my kids drive me crazy sometimes, its so hard to provide a nutritious meal that won't make us overweight and/or break the bank. Eating at home is healthier, but for me, seems to take up more time that I just don't have-or more clearly, rather not spend. For some reason, I rather bake sweets and cookies than make dinner, but that's besides the point. Despite this obvious whining, I have been able to keep on track. We have eaten at home all week, last night being the exception of feeding the boys at Costco when we stopped for gas on the way home from our day trip. We didn't spend a lot on food-the boys and I ate at Grandmas, and Hubby was treated for lunch by his friend. I did get McDonalds on the way home, but was absolutely starving. I paid cash, so it was money that was already "used". Tonight is the parenting workshop-dinner is provided for all of us. The main meal I now have to think about is tomorrow night, I may make a batch of chili or another crockpot meal-the weather is a bit cooler, and I want to take advantage of that to make some good comfort food while I still can.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'd rather bake any day, over making dunner. And I can totally relate about it being easier sometimes to grab junky fastfood or whatnot, rather than having to make an actual meal for everyone.

Some days it's just not worth it to listen to the kids fight while I am trying to make something. It's a thin line between saving money, and saving your sanity.